Still Growing

Still Growing
reuse, rework, redefine

Monday, October 8, 2012

Vegetables, Vegetables, Vegetables

Good Evening all. It has been a busy start to the fall gardening season. This year i decided to repurpose the dogs swimming pool, after extensive cleaning of course. I planted it with purple kohlrabi, bulldog collards, rainbow swiss chard, and kale. I can't wait for everything to get big enough to eat.
In this bed I mixed in a heading lettuce with bell peppers, eggplant, and jalepeno peppers. These few hot pepper plants have produced quite a bounty of peppers. I am also growing a patio tomato plant that I can move indoors with the nights get to cool.
Lastly this bed contains mustard greens, georgia hybrid collards and garden bush beans. The carrots aren't up yet. I am so looking forward to the season. But on a side note, my mallow finally bloomed, it's late but it is here. By the end of the day it was completely pink.
Happy Gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment