Still Growing

Still Growing
reuse, rework, redefine

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Vegetable update

All is well in the fall garden. Having some problems with some bug eating the leaves of my bush beans, but otherwise all is ok. The bell peppers are fruiting like crazy and the single eggplant is well on it's way to maturity.
The Patio tomato has 8 fruit on it now, I can't wait to eat them. The tomato on the left seeded itself from last season's variety. I belive this is purple prince or something similiar, can't really remember. It's like christmas, can't wait to see what it will be.
Can't wait for the Mustards to be ready, they are growing by leaps and bounds leaving the two variety's of collards in the dust. I wonder if it would be tasty to mix the mustards, kale and swiss chard? Probably not, just thinking about it. Also got new plants of parsley (can't find my seeds), purple basil (can't find my seeds) and cilantro (didn't have seeds for this). While walking past the front garden, I noticed that my Thyme plant is now dead. After four years of living in one spot, I moved it and it died. Sorry to see it go, but this is an opertunity to try something new. Happy Gardening!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. ALL IS WELL, so don't lose hope and take care you garden always.


    Regards,
    Garden Supplies Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is well under way. I've had a problem with some bug eating my green bean leaves, too. The trials and tribulations of growing veggies ... still worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is coming right along! I like the recycle idea of the dogs swimming pool, very nifty. These are the months that we live for in Florida.

    ReplyDelete