Still Growing

Still Growing
reuse, rework, redefine

Thursday, September 15, 2011

STILL HOT

Well ya'll I thought that cooler days were here, but after this last week i am not so sure. Yes the calendar says that we are 8 days from the first day of fall, but you can't tell with temps in the 90's and the grass crunches when you walk on it. I don't care much about the lawn as I am slowly replacing it anyway. But my garden is still requiring a weekly deep watering. I am sure JEA doesn't mind that one bit. But my wallet surely does. This year I am growing 3 varities of peas in my fall raised bed (pictures pending) the seedling are reaching for the ceiling in my livingroom. I have a small green house set up for seed starting as it is still too hot to use the growing setup in the garage. I can't wait until the full force of fall is here. My dogwood tree's leaves are already starting to yello0w and the neighborhood Sycamore leaves are starting to lighten in color. After next week I hope the days will be slightly cooler and of the course the nights. Will let you know how it goes. Happy gardening!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment